Mooltipass works on one laptop, but not on another.

Clint Chaplin

Dec 8, 2015, 3:47:51 AM12/8/15
to mooltipass
Got my Mooltipass, and it works great.  At least on my Samsung series 7 Chronos laptop.  I can plug it in, put in my key card, input my pass number, select a password entry, and have it output into the USB interface as a keyboard input.  Great!

On my Dell Latitude E6510, it doesn't work.  I can plug it in, the screen comes up, I can plug in my key card, and it asks for my pass number.   However, the touch function of the screen simply does not work; its as if it is not sensing anything.

Any Ideas?

--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin

mathieu...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 3:53:53 AM12/8/15
to Clint Chaplin, mooltipass

Hello Clint,

Is your power supply genuine? If not, how long have you had it?

Regards,
Mathieu

Clint Chaplin

Dec 8, 2015, 4:04:19 AM12/8/15
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Dell 90W AC Adapter.  Model Number LA90PS0-00.  PA-10 Family.  DP/N DF266
--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin

mathieu...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 4:06:28 AM12/8/15
to Clint Chaplin, mooltipass

Hello Clint,

Can you confirm that the mooltipass correctly works when the power supply is disconnected?
Do you have another one to test?

Regards,
Mathieu

Clint Chaplin

Dec 8, 2015, 4:17:13 AM12/8/15
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Brilliant.  It does work without the power supply connected.

I have another power supply I can try, but I will not have access to it for a couple of weeks.
--
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin

mathieu...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 4:20:06 AM12/8/15
to Clint Chaplin, mooltipass

Hello Clint,

The very few times this happened the power supply was either a copy from an Asian country... Or was about to fail.

Please keep us updated on your tests!
Mathieu