Mooltipass Mini Status Update: Aluminum Cases Produced and on their Way to us

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2016, 4:52:55 PM7/16/16
to mooltipass
Hello everyone!

We'll start this email with a great picture:

Inline image 1

As you can guess, brushed & anodized aluminum cases were produced and are already on their way to us!

In related news:
- we'll be able to check that we didn't make any mistake by assembling one aluminum unit by the end of next week
- even though each prototype case cost us $70 (!) we can confirm that the mooltipass mini aluminum will be $25 more expensive than the mooltipass mini plastic (respectively $75 & $50 during the kickstarter campaign)
- our plastic mold was modified and another plastic case was made... which still didn't solve our injection marks problem
- a new mold will therefore have to be made with different injection points, which unfortunately means that we won't have new plastic cases before at least 3 weeks, due to the time it takes to make a new mold
- if the aluminum unit assembly goes well, we're therefore thinking of offering our followers to purchase a few aluminum beta units!

We appreciate your patience and wish you a great weekend!
Mathieu & the Development Team

Jed Hobbs

Jul 16, 2016, 8:44:09 PM7/16/16
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Very nice! I'd buy one.

Jed

Chris Hood

Jul 16, 2016, 10:37:48 PM7/16/16
to Mathieu Stephan, mooltipass

When is the mini kickstarter going to start?

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever.

Richard Johnson

Jul 17, 2016, 1:12:31 AM7/17/16
to Chris Hood, Mathieu Stephan, (via Google Docs), mooltipass

I like the metal case.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2016, 3:13:24 AM7/17/16
to Richard Johnson, Chris Hood, mooltipass
Thanks everyone!

Chris, due to this little hiccup we're thinking of a campaign start end of August / beginning of September.

Mathieu