App/Extension high CPU usage?

Bjorn Wielens

Aug 26, 2017, 9:20:41 AM8/26/17
to moolt...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone else encountered issues with the app and extension getting stuck in a high CPU usage state? Usually this happens after several days, observed on both Windows and Linux. (I typically leave Chrome open and suspend/resume the linux machine; the windows one does not (it is simply locked at the end of the workday and unlocked the next morning)

When it is happening I look in the task manager I see there are two chrome processes constantly using the CPU (typically > 5%) and if I kill those processes I get notifications that the app and extension have crashed. Reloading them seems to fix the issue for a while, though sometimes they cannot see the MP ("Please unlock..." even though it is unlocked) until chrome is restarted.

I observed it a little while ago when I was looking why the fan on my laptop was constantly running above its lowest setting; I've kept a closer eye on it since and it seems to happen regularly.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2017, 9:37:36 AM8/26/17
to Bjorn Wielens, mooltipass
Hello Bjorn,

A few other users have indeed mentioned this problem, but unfortunately we haven't found a way of reproducing it.... Does that happen constantly for you?

Mathieu

David Ehnebuske

Aug 26, 2017, 9:38:35 AM8/26/17
to moolt...@googlegroups.com

Yes, from time to time I've noticed this behavior, too (on Windows 7). But mentally I've associated it with Chrome, not the MP stuff specifically. But, then, I always have the MP app and extension running when Chrome is up. I haven't tried killing the offending processes; I've always just shut down Chrome and restarted it.

Bjorn Wielens

Aug 26, 2017, 9:42:29 AM8/26/17
to mooltipass
Not something I can reproduce instantly "on command" but it does seem to happen regularly with patience.

On Sat, 8/26/17, mathieu...@gmail.com <mathieu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [mooltipass] App/Extension high CPU usage?
To: "Bjorn Wielens" <unia...@yahoo.ca>
Cc: "mooltipass" <moolt...@googlegroups.com>

Hello Bjorn,
A few other users have indeed
mentioned this problem, but unfortunately we haven't
found a way of reproducing it.... Does that happen
constantly for you?
Mathieu
On Aug 26, 2017 3:20 PM,