Display is blank after firmware update

Julian Foad

Oct 27, 2017, 4:22:04 AM10/27/17
to mooltipass
I tried to install a firmware update and something has gone wrong. The MPM display screen now remains blank all the time, apart from that the MPM still works.

Here is a description of what happened, as best I can recall.

* in the App, copied in the password and pressed "import";
* on the MPM, clicked to confirm two warning messages;
* the MPM screen showed a message in capitals saying do not disconnect while screen is blank;
* after a few seconds, the App said something about failure;
* after a few seconds the failure message disappeared;
* the MPM screen continued showing its message;
* after a little time the App appeared to close and restart; and also after a little time, maybe a minute or two, the MPM screen went blank; I cannot remember in which order;
* I left everthing as it was for a few more minutes, then removed the card and re-inserted it and tried using the scroll wheel to see if I could "wake up" the MPM;

Now the MPM screen remains blank whatever I do. Apart from that it still works. The App recognizes it, and I can enter my PIN and when visiting a web site the MPM screen flashes and I can click to confirm and it sends my password. But no text appears on the screen at any time.

I have been trying to work out what could have gone wrong. One possibility is, because I have both "MooltiApp" and "Mooltipass App" installed, maybe I was using the wrong one. I tried to check carefully that I was only using the one started from Chrome. But now I have discovered that the button in Chrome may start either of them. If MooltiApp is minimized in the task bar (this is on Ubuntu) then the Chrome button starts MooltiApp, otherwise the Chrome button starts Moolipass App. So now I am not completely sure which one I was using.

How bad it is? What should I do?

Thank you,
- Julian

mathieu...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2017, 4:27:10 AM10/27/17
to Julian Foad, mooltipass
Hey Julian,

Our tutorial explicitly mentioned to close MooltiApp and to only use our Chrome App.

I'll send you a private message to solve this matter.
Regards,
Mathieu

Julian Foad

Oct 27, 2017, 4:57:42 AM10/27/17
to mooltipass
Mathieu Stephan wrote:
Our tutorial explicitly mentioned to close MooltiApp and to only use our Chrome App.

Yes, I paid attention to that warning and spent a long time *trying* to be sure which one I was using, but it was confusing and I might have got it wrong in the end.

I'll send you a private message to solve this matter.

Thank you very much!

- Julian