Oh the temptation.....

shykitten55

Jul 24, 2016, 9:31:52 PM7/24/16
to mooltipass
Hi every one.

I don't get here much but try to listen to all the developments and happenings.

I am one of the people who would like to get one of these devices, but am now confronted with a choice of two kinds.   Gee, make it easy huh?   <wink>

I am not up with all the "lingo" and stuff, but Chrome is mentioned.   I use FF and chrome is mentioned in it often for local settings etc.  Beyond me.

In the idea of automating things, there is software which automates this on certain browsers - and probably with certain "conditions".
Sure that is the end goal of the unit as it would do all that for you.   (Putting aside attacks - and they are beyond my question/s here/now)

Will it work with FF  (FireFox)?  On which O/S?   Windoze/Linux (Ras Pi more so)?
(I know I have probably asked before, but just to put everything in one place for me)  Can it store other passwords also?
Although most things are "on line" these days, say I have a password for something OFF LINE.  Can I store it on the Mooltipass/mini?

I am getting to a stage where I am totally overwhelmed by passwords and this would really be a "saviour" for me.

I have spent a bit of time going through the posts here and reading about things and all the goings on and think this is really becoming something I need.
But, (again, sorry if I asked before) is there a text based list of the menus so I (or anyone else) can see the layout of the menus and what is there?

I also think that it may help with suggestions on the layout for "ease of use".  I have got things in the past with menus and they were horrible.  No/little thought went into them and to do the frequent things, you had to go deep into the menu system, yet things which were hardly done were at the top, quickly accessible.

Hope to hear back with good news.

Oh, the new version looks nice too, but I am forgetting what the original one looks like.
Could you post a link with info on them both?

P.S.  I hope that I am "auto subscribed" to this as I can't find the button to do that.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2016, 1:32:42 AM7/25/16
to shykitten55, mooltipass
Hello there!

Firefox support on all standard OSes (not sure about RPi though) is indeed planned in the next few months as it will soon support web extensions.
You may store offline passwords in the mini.
You may find different mini menu images here: https://github.com/limpkin/mooltipass/tree/master/bitmaps
You may see the original mooltipass here: themooltipass.com

Regards,
Mathieu

shykitten55

Jul 25, 2016, 2:27:39 AM7/25/16
to mooltipass, fuzzywu...@gmail.com
Yeah, found it.

SLOW ADSL at this end.

:)

shykitten55

Jul 29, 2016, 4:56:56 AM7/29/16
to mooltipass, fuzzywu...@gmail.com
So, again wanting to check/ask:

I understand both of them store "passwords" for sites.

Here in this little land down under, passwords are becoming annoying.

Some places are a bit more "complicated".

Initial log ins are ok, but if ever there are problems/troubles, you ring them and have to answer questions.
These are ....  well, annoying.  You go through the set up  and write down these questions for use "in case of emergency" and I understand the reasons.
But you put them on a piece of paper and probably lose it or forget where it is when you do need it.

Does either of these support these needs?

It is a bit of a sticky point for me.
Having to write these questions and their answers down and kept in a safe place is all well and good.
But then one day you need them and ...........  "Where did I put that paper?"   Or you are away from home and something bad happens and you need to contact one of the companies and know the answers to these questions.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2016, 5:04:42 AM7/29/16
to shykitten55, mooltipass
Hello there,

The Mooltipass storage doesn't have a dedicated field for these questions. You'd therefore have to manually add a credential for this particular question.

Regards

shykitten55

Jul 31, 2016, 3:31:20 AM7/31/16
to mooltipass, fuzzywu...@gmail.com
(I didn't get a notification of your reply.   Others, early:  Yes.)

Yeah, but HOW would I do that?

I've seen "pictures" of screens of menus, but that doesn't really answer the HOW.

I'm not trying to be difficult.   I am serious about getting one for reasons already given.  I just want to be SURE that it will meet my needs.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2016, 3:39:42 AM7/31/16
to shykitten55, mooltipass
Hello,

Our App has a quick add menu allowing you to manually add any credential.
You can then trigger credential typing through the Mooltipass menu.

Regards,
Mathieu