moolticute edit site and long pw issue

Ken Johnson

Jan 27, 2018, 5:15:41 PM1/27/18
to mooltipass

I am looking for the ability to be able to edit a site name from moolticute management mode. You can change the Login, Password, or Description manually, but I see no obvious option to change the site name contents without deleting and recreating that site.

Forgive me if this was already asked / suggested.

One other issue I just found
When trying to unlock / view the password of one of my sites / services, I just get the error "Password Query Was Denied", with the following error on the command line from moolticuted:

INFO: :0 - "Ask for password for service: Ethereum login: MASTER + l fallback_service:  reqid: "
WARNING: :0 - Error setting context:  0
CRITICAL: :0 - Failed getting password:  "failed to select context on device"

I get the same 3 log messages every time I click the little "eye" icon in the password field. No prompt appears on the mooltipass mini.

If it helps with troubleshooting, this password is the max possible characters that the mooltipass will accept (31 characters).
This password also does not properly type out when I try to have the MPM type out the credential manually. It types out the "User" I have specified, and the tab, but nothing for the password.

Also, another possible bug in the MPM firmware, sites with Capitol letters (such as the Ethereum site I have defined above) appear before all lower case letters, where I would expect them to show up in alphabetical order, regardless of case. Numbers show up first, then capitols, then lower case.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 5:22:02 PM1/27/18
to Ken Johnson, mooltipass
Hello Ken!

I'm afraid we indeed do not offer the possiblity to change the service name.
About your bug: I'm afraid I think I know the reason, and it is because of a recent moolticute update where we automatically lowercase all service names (though we shouldn't in that case).
Would you therefore be able to use mooltiapp to lowercase that service and try again? I'll file a bug on moolticute.

Mathieu

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 5:40:22 PM1/27/18
to Ken Johnson, mooltipass
Hello Ken,

Alternatively, you can wait a day or two for us to fix and release: https://github.com/mooltipass/moolticute/issues/200

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 5:15:00 AM1/29/18
to Ken Johnson, mooltipass
Hey Ken!

A quick word to let you know v0.11.7 is released with your fix ;)

Brad Silcox

Jan 29, 2018, 1:09:59 PM1/29/18
to Mathieu Stephan, Ken Johnson, mooltipass
This is why I love this product!  You guys are great at improving and evolving everything from the hardware to the software.  You're getting a "real" test user case out of my wife now, mainly because should something happen to me, she'll need to know how to work mine...  But I also hope it will improve her password practices.  Keep up the great work all!

Regards,
Brad

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 1:22:27 PM1/29/18