New ACRL discussion group on MOOCS - decomissioning this Google Group

Rita Vine

Sep 20, 2013, 2:38:43 PM9/20/13
to moocs-and-l...@googlegroups.com

Please use the ACRL listserv described below for future discussion on MOOCS.  We'll be decomissioning this Google Group to avoid diluting the conversation.

--------------------------------------------- MESSAGE -----------------------------

Dear colleagues,

We are happy to announce that ACRL recently approved a new discussion group, Library Support for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), to provide “librarians with an opportunity to share information about how libraries are supporting the provision of MOOCs created by their campuses.”

To learn more about this Discussion Group, please visit:

http://www.ala.org/acrl/aboutacrl/directoryofleadership/discussiongroups/acr-dgmoocs

If you are interested in MOOCs, please help us build a dynamic learning community by joining us.  There are a number of ways to do so:

·         If you are a member of ALA, join our community in ALA Connect (http://connect.ala.org/node/210871#)

·         Join our listserv (http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/acr-dgmoocs), also open to non-ALA members

·         Come to a meeting at ALA Annual

If you want to join the listserv, you’ll be doing so using SYMPA software.  See the instructions below.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact either one of us.

Best,

Jennifer Dorner

Co-Convenor, Library Support for MOOCs Discussion Group

University of California-Berkeley Libraries

dor...@berkeley.edu

Michele Ostrow

Co-Convenor, Library Support for MOOCs Discussion Group

University of Texas Libraries

mich...@austin.utexas.edu