Hmong charter school in MN?

Centurion

Dec 17, 2006, 4:52:01 AM12/17/06
to Mong (Moob)
I read briefly in the news
(http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/state/minnesota/16238198.htm)
that Mo Chang is quiting her public school position to run a Charter
School that will focus on hmong culture. Automatically it dawn on me
that it will mostly focus on white Hmong and not Mong Leng whatsoever.
I ask that keep your eyes and ears open and write to her about it.

avan...@yahoo.com

Dec 17, 2006, 8:29:13 AM12/17/06
to Mong (Moob)
Since it is public funded project, special focus on Hmong culure is not
completed without implement Mong Leng into the project.

Better voice it now, don't wait.

muastony

Dec 18, 2006, 1:43:02 PM12/18/06
to Mong (Moob)
Centurion,

I feel that this paragraph" Automatically it dawn on me

that it will mostly focus on white Hmong and not Mong Leng whatsoever.

I ask that keep your eyes and ears open and write to her about it", is
not fair due to your add to it and she will never say such thing. She
is an educate person, doctorate candidate and her husband is an
assistant principal, PHD of education.

to...@netzero.net

Dec 19, 2006, 12:49:57 AM12/19/06
to Mong (Moob)
Even if she were to include Mong Leng, unless there are Mong Leng
teachers in the proposed charter school, there will be no Mong Leng
language and culture included. Very few, if any Mong Der teacher, will
ever mention or talk about Mong Leng or try to meet the interests of
the Mong Leng students. This is sad but it's true no matter where you
go in the states. Only Mong Leng will be fair and balance in covering
both subjects, and only Mong Leng are capable in presenting in both
dialects.
Tomx

Centurion

Dec 19, 2006, 3:40:06 AM12/19/06
to Mong (Moob)
muastony,

I'm not sure what you mean my paragraph is not fair. If she is truly
an educator, she will not focus on hmong der only but then again like
tomx were saying, hmong der will never mention Mong leng whatsoever.
No matter how educated they are, they only wanted to integrate ONE
hmong. Dr. Gary Lee and Kaoly Yang are classic example. Either Mong
leng following Hmong Der and become Hmong Der or nothing-to them Mong
Leng does not exist.

muastony

Dec 19, 2006, 9:54:09 AM12/19/06
to Mong (Moob)
Tomx & Centurion,

Mo Chang and her husband are Mong Leng. She is the daughter of Mr. Boua
Fue Yang who was passed away 2003. The paragraph has not mention that
she will focus on White Hmong or Green Mong, but Hmong culture.
However, we will not leave it alone but have to take a time to promote
the word of Mong because the media or public only known Hmong. That
doesn't mean she will focus only one dialect.

Thanks,

Moua Tony

Centurion

Dec 20, 2006, 12:51:16 AM12/20/06
to Mong (Moob)
Tony,

Thanks for the update and it is nice to hear that she's a Mong Leng.
However, most Mong Leng are doing the "brown-nose" tactic too much.
Like I have said, a lot of the singers are Mong Leng but sing in Hmong
Der, a lot writers are Mong Leng but wrote in Hmong Der, and a lot Mong
Leng I know now speak Hmong Der. Therefore, don't be supprised if Mong
Leng language wil be treated as second class if at all. Even Sally
Baas, director of Hmong Culture in Concordia University in MN admitted
that Mong Leng is a minor or in her own words "Hmong minor."

Centurion

to...@netzero.net

Dec 23, 2006, 2:50:16 AM12/23/06
to Mong (Moob)
Isn't it true that there is already a Mong charter school in
Minneapolis which was started by a Mong Hang lady in St. Paul? That
school's beenning run for about two years already. So this will be the
second charter school by Mong in Minnesota? Tom

csy...@hotmail.com

Dec 27, 2006, 9:31:53 PM12/27/06
to Mong (Moob)
All,

Mo's father was a Mong Leng and a good fighter for Mong Leng. Mo's
husband is a Mong Leng origin but speaks 80% Hmong Der. However, at
the Hmong New Year in St. Paul, their daugher was MC and spoke good and
fluent in Mong Leng. Proud????

csy