@deprogrammer in LambdaMOO

basil60

Apr 25, 2014, 1:38:39 AM4/25/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I used this verb on one of my player characters. When I went to re-instate the programmer bit, it wouldn't allow me to change it - the msg was "Sorry,xxxxxxxxx is not allowed to be a programmer."

Which player property stores the programmer bit - I looked on #6, but could find anything?

Paul

Katelyn Gigante

Apr 25, 2014, 9:12:50 AM4/25/14
to basil60, MOO-...@googlegroups.com
Have you checked the newt log/email blacklist?

Also, it's the built-in property .programmer

-Katelyn

Sent from my iPhone 3

Seth I. Rich

Apr 25, 2014, 10:42:43 AM4/25/14
to Paul Rayner, moo-talk

It's the .programmer bit. It's not defined on an object; it's one of the magic builtins like .wizard.

Seth

Loufah

Apr 25, 2014, 12:11:36 PM4/25/14
to basil60, MOO-...@googlegroups.com
You presumably tried to reinstate the programmer bit by running $wiz:@programmer. This checks the $wiz.programmer_restricted property, which was set by $wiz:@deprogrammer/$wiz_utils:unset_programmer. I don't see a verb or command that will remove an arbitrary entry from $wiz.programmer_restricted, so try giving it a new value using eval (or use the property editor, @pedit, if you have it).