codebase question

rishi

Aug 2, 2010, 9:17:22 PM8/2/10
to moo-...@googlegroups.com
hi guys, are there a codebase with predefined shipclasses, planets,, sectors, comunicators, and more? something that resemble the mariani codebase.
thanks for any help I can get. I'd like to start my own game that I can say that I put my work into. but I'd like a little help by starting with a codebase. I've been searching around on google, but can't find anything

JM

Aug 13, 2010, 9:42:31 PM8/13/10
to MOO Talk
I actually have a MOO database that was being developed into a space
MOO. It was given to me years ago by one of the wizards who was
working on it. I would like to contact that person to see if it is
okay for me to release it into the wild, however I haven't heard from
them in ages and I do not know anyone else who was working on it.

It needs some work as some systems were still in progress when the MOO
went offline. I feel this would be a lot of work to let go to waste by
not sharing. If I did release it, I would hope any fixes and
improvements would be re-contributed back to the core so everyone can
benefit from the changes. I would like to have a place to put it up so
people could work on it and see if we could get it running before
releasing it, but I am not sure my current host would like that.

If anyone has any thoughts on this idea/potential project, please let
me know. This discussion is fine, since it is on topic with the
original poster's request.

The MOO was known as Solar MOO, or Solar Winds MOO. One of those two
names. If anyone knows anything of it or anyone who worked on it,
maybe they can pass word that someone has a copy of the database
wishing to release it. I have already reduced it back down to core
systems. It needs testing to see if it still works.

Derek Roberts

Aug 13, 2010, 10:00:46 PM8/13/10
to moo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If the wizard allowed free distribution and all that, I'd like to
help. I don't have a lot of time to play these days, but it would be
fun.

mike cutie and maia

Aug 13, 2010, 10:07:17 PM8/13/10
to moo-...@googlegroups.com
i can host it if yu like

Dgleks

Feb 26, 2017, 11:11:42 PM2/26/17
to MOO Talk, moo-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Just wondering, did anything ever come of the hosting of this database? I'd definitely be interested in checking it out!
Thanks