MOO programmers/builders wanted, sort of?

1 view

Dgleks

Apr 7, 2017, 10:57:41 AM4/7/17
to MOO Talk
Hello,
It's been a while since I've actually took a serious look into running a MOO. I ran a few MOOs a few years ago. I was browsing through random planet and star system generators and I got a little inspiration to make something new and original.
Before you jump ship or get too excited, I'm not sure if I'm even going to continue this project. I've got real life job, and have school, as well as the fact that in the past MOOs I've ran don't seem to last long, despite the attempt at original ideas.
However, with the influx of new MOOs and it seeming like the MUD comunity as a whole is shifting somewhat back towards MOO, I just might continue this project.
Another thing that's worth noting is my uncertainty at the theme of the game, if I do continue with this project. Space is amazing, and I have some good ideas to make a non-miriani clone, with real alien species, skills, stats, etc, I've also thought of adding a bit of modern day type gameplay when first starting out. All this could of corse change, but these are just ideas I'm rolling around in my head.
And now, for the big question and the point of this post.
Are you a builder or a programmer looking for a MOO to call home, or something along those lines?
If so, please reply here. I'm not going to give connection info out just yet, I wanna see if anyone is actually interested first before saying anything. Once I have a few programmers and builders, if any, I'll continue more discussion with everyone on the team regarding ideas for the game's overall direction. It's my plan to not only make something original, but to work as a team, with people who all love programming but don't end up releasing anything do to the lack of teamwork these days on MUDs. I do believe, if this was to go anywhere, it could go far.
Thanks, I look forward to any potential candidates!