MultiMOO PHP MOO

Mark Horan

Jun 1, 2016, 4:25:07 PM6/1/16
to MOO Talk
Hello,

I used to program MOOs back in the 1990's, and started a MOO that was called FrenchMOO, which
ran for quite a few years. It started on a server in Dallas and then went, after my involvement had
ceased, to a university in Hawaii, and then to a university in Ohio. Anyway, I've had this interest for
quite a number of years and have recently built a MOO-like, web-based application in PHP and
Javascript, called MultiMOO, multimoo.com. And since people on this group are MOO and MUD
enthusiasts, I want you invite you to visit, check it out, evaluate and critique. It's just shy of being
open to the public, so this might be called a sneak preview.

As the name implies, this software is a system that supports multiple MOOs, what I call domains,
and I'm charging for the creation of these. If anyone on this list, after having examined it, would
like to develop one of these MOO-like domains, I'd be happy to provide it for free. Just post a message
to the contact form on the web site and identify yourself as coming from this moo-talk group, and
we can talk a little about what you want to do and get you set up. These MOO-like environments use
PHP for their verb programing language. There's still a bit of work to do before going public, but I'd
love to have a few highly interested people on board to critique it and thus help drive its development
going forward. There's also a web-based mobile interface, which is interesting. But I want to develop
the tools to allow all sorts of MOO and MUD types of interactivity. I'd like people to be able to do
anything their creativity inspires them to do

Best,
Mark

http://multimoo.com