Traceback trying to import LambdaCore / Issues with @list and Improvise.db

Aysha Springston

Apr 25, 2014, 1:47:58 PM4/25/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com
Heya! New to the group and hoping to really get familiar with stunt and improvise here, but I'm running into issues trying to set it up.

Got the server running with the improvise.db database but when I try to use @list packages with $composed it tells me I couldn't understand that.

Second thing was when I tried to follow http://stunt.io/dated/hoisting-lambdacore and got to the

; for o in [#0..#99]; if (valid(o) && o.location == $nothing); move(o, #100); endif; endfor

step. It gives me a traceback error:

#-1:Input to EVAL (this == #-1), line 4: Recursive move
... called from built-in function eval()
... called from #91:eval*uate, line 149
(End of traceback)

I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with the Improvise database, but I'm really not sure and my LambdaMOO coding skills are a bit rusty, so I feel like I'm probably missing something obvious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

- Aysha

Michael Munson

Apr 25, 2014, 3:20:27 PM4/25/14
to Aysha Springston, MOO-...@googlegroups.com
;move(#100,#-1)
then try again. If I had to guess, you are trying to move something that contains #100 into #100

Aysha Springston

Apr 25, 2014, 4:51:36 PM4/25/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Okay, that at least returned some good 0s for me. Thanks! Now to see if I can figure out why I can't import any packages. c.c

Todd Sundsted

Apr 25, 2014, 6:18:15 PM4/25/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Aysha, are you getting an error?  You will need to issue two commands:

  @list packages with $composed

and then:

  @install <package> with $composed

Where <package> is one of the available packages (from @list).  The @list command is necessary because it fetches the list of available packages.  If that command fails or shows no packages, I'd be interested in hearing about that.

Todd

Todd Sundsted

Apr 25, 2014, 6:20:08 PM4/25/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Ah, nevermind those instructions.  You may need to specify the object number directly:

  @list packages with #9

Todd

Aysha Springston

Apr 26, 2014, 3:35:37 AM4/26/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Using #9 instead of $composed worked. Any way to alias #9 to $composed or will I just have to remember that object number?

- Aysha

Todd Sundsted

Apr 26, 2014, 4:34:37 PM4/26/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Log in as a wizardly player, and enter the following command:

  ; add_property(#1, "player_huh", 1, {#2, ""})

This will change the handling of unmatched commands and fix references to $shapes and $composed.

(Server change that was not reflected in the Improvise database.  I will be updating the Improvise project on github shortly.)

Thank you for pointing this out!!

Todd

Aysha Springston

Apr 27, 2014, 12:17:52 PM4/27/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Worked brilliantly! Thanks for that snippet! Glad I could help contribute back in a way. :D

- Aysha

Todd Sundsted

Apr 27, 2014, 1:36:00 PM4/27/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
No problem!

Regarding Stunt vs. Improvise (in another thread), stunt is my fork of the LambdaMOO server.  Improvise is a web framework that runs on top of Stunt.  It provides a bunch of functionality, but does not implement a VR system, because I figured (perhaps incorrectly) that that was the piece that most people would want to experiment with and implement on their own.  So it works for what it was intended for, but may or may not be what you need.

Todd

Aysha Springston

Apr 27, 2014, 2:50:41 PM4/27/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Okay, so different sort of inquiry. I try to login from the web interface and looking at terminal it seems to be doing something but nothing ever loads in the browser. Seems like it goes nowhere, does nothing. Is that expected behavior from the outset?

Here's some of the activity I'm seeing in the log in Terminal:

ACCEPT: #-10 on port 8888 from localhost, port 54550
> HTTP: localhost "" (#-1) POST /session/create 302 0
> HTTP: localhost "" (#-1) GET / 200 0

CLIENT DISCONNECTED: #-10 on port 8888 from localhost, port 54550

Is there just nothing there for it to serve the browser right now?

- Aysha

Todd Sundsted

Apr 27, 2014, 8:16:36 PM4/27/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
No, you should be able to connect via the browser, which will drop you into a web-based terminal/console.  From there you can interact with the server just as if you'd telnet'd in.

From the log below, it looks like the server started at HTTP service on port 8888 (as it should).  When you first connect to http://localhost:8888/ in your browser, what do you see?

Thanks!
Todd

Aysha Springston

Apr 28, 2014, 1:22:01 PM4/28/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
When I first load up the site it just shows the Stunt logo with the login box on the top left, etc. I put in the character name and password and I get the output you see in Terminal, but nothing changes on the page. I haven't tried Chrome, but I was trying Firefox and nothing happened, just seemed to go no where and do nothing after sending the credentials.

- Aysha

Todd Sundsted

Apr 29, 2014, 9:12:28 AM4/29/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Are you using the version of lambdacore that you created or the version of lambdacore that was already packaged and available from the repository?  The web-based login system requires some hooks into the core in order to identify players.  I'm in the process of setting this up locally so I can test a few things.  (I don't use LambdaCore, unfortunately, so I'm not super-familiar with it.)

Todd

Aysha Springston

Apr 29, 2014, 9:29:11 AM4/29/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston

Does that help?

- Aysha

Todd Sundsted

Apr 29, 2014, 10:08:15 AM4/29/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Yes, I think I see what's going on, but I don't have I precise solution yet.

Todd

Aysha Springston

May 3, 2014, 6:53:17 AM5/3/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com, Aysha Springston
Fair enough. I'll be happy to see what you can come up with. :)

- Aysha