Dead URL to Shapes and Composed files?

Aysha Springston

Apr 25, 2014, 5:07:03 PM4/25/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to follow the directions on http://stunt.io/dated/hoisting-lambdacore to get LambdaCore imported, but when I try to download shapes.moo and composed.moo it says the files aren't found for me to download. I also get "I can't understand that" when trying to use commands like
@list packages with $composed. I'm using the Improvise database and trying to get things rolling but kind of not sure where I'm going astray on the inability to install packages or list them, and also where I might find these files so I can finish getting Lambda setup. :)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Aysha

Todd Sundsted

Apr 25, 2014, 5:23:49 PM4/25/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com
Aysha,

Depending on what you want to do, you might not need to "hoist" lambdacore yourself.

1) If you just want to run LambdaCore without any Improvise-specific piece, you can just run the LambdaCore db with the stunt server.

2) If you want to include additional packages, you can actually load LambdaCore as a package (note this can take 5+ minutes, so you have to be patient).

To do #2, you should be able to follow the instructions at:

  https://github.com/toddsundsted/improvise

When you get to "How do I install new packages?" you will want to do something like:

  @install lambdacore with $composed

Todd

Aysha Springston

Apr 26, 2014, 3:34:49 AM4/26/14
to MOO-...@googlegroups.com

I haven't quite figured out what the difference is between Stunt and Improvise, still reading up on that.

Basically I want to be able to do things like pull data from the MOO -- descriptions, who's online, other data like that -- and display it on the website and sync data up, like be able to edit descriptions from the web (though this isn't as crucial). A web based client for connection would be good too but I'm not sure how well Stunt handles that or if I'll have to look at a Java solution or something else entirely. Being able to chat on channels would be cool from the website but I figure most players will use a client to get on game, so the web based on would mostly be for guests, people trying out the game, etc.

- Aysha