Looking to build a python team in Montreal. Where do I look?! : )

59 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Kate Little

ungelesen,
25.06.2015, 12:19:1925.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com

Thinking about building a  python development team in Montreal to build enterprise SaaS. What’s a good way to connect with local Python devs?

Thanks!

vahan

ungelesen,
25.06.2015, 12:55:0125.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com
Short of getting their home addresses and visiting them at their homes, this is the best way.

--
vahan

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 12:16 PM, Kate Little wrote:

Thinking about building a  python development team in Montreal to build enterprise SaaS. What’s a good way to connect with local Python devs?

Thanks!

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "Montréal-Python".

Pierre Thibault

ungelesen,
25.06.2015, 12:58:1825.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com
I guess using the mailing list is a good way to start. Talk about your project and what you are looking for.

Le 25 juin 2015 12:16, Kate Little <k.littl...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Thinking about building a  python development team in Montreal to build enterprise SaaS. What’s a good way to connect with local Python devs?

Thanks!

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "Montréal-Python".

A+

-------------
Pierre

Eric Parent

ungelesen,
25.06.2015, 13:25:1625.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Plan for making a presentation at the next MontrealPython meetup. We often see there people looking to expand their team of Python developers. After the presentation, there is a social gathering, usually at the Benelux, where you can network while sipping a delicious beer (or else).

Have a look at the website and feel free to contact any of the organisers to see what are the available time slots : http://montrealpython.org/en/about/

Good luck !

Eric

Thinking about building a  python development team in Montreal to build enterprise SaaS. What’s a good way to connect with local Python devs?

Thanks!

--
Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes "Montréal-Python".

Eric

“If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.”
-- Sir Ken Robinson (TED: How schools kill creativity)

Jonathan Poirier

ungelesen,
25.06.2015, 15:51:1825.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kate, we are a worker cooperative of Python developers called Caravan, we would be happy to help you with your needs. Please contact us at h...@caravan.coop

Shiva

ungelesen,
25.06.2015, 15:51:1825.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys
Im new learner in python
Does anyone know any volunteer positions i can join to practice more??
Tnx

Sent from my iPhone

Kate Little

ungelesen,
26.06.2015, 12:41:4626.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for all of the responses! Greatly appreciated.

Stringer is a mobile app for B2B salespeople and marketers. It uses machine learning to profile prospective customers and recommend the right message, content, and offer to share with them in order to nurture and eventually convert them. We have built an enterprise grade data and analytic platform on the backend and the best sales user experience in the industry.

Our team has experts in the sales and marketing technology stack, including the leading vendor of B2B big data and predictive analytics. And we are growing fast to support our expanding list of pilot customers!

We are looking for senior and junior Python developers as well as a QA Architect and a QA Analyst for both full-time and contract positions. Location is flexible and we are in the process of opening a Montreal office. The current product team is largely based in New York, and the parent company has offices in Washington, DC and San Francisco.

If this sounds interesting to you, I’d love to talk to you! Email me at kli...@market-bridge.com

http://www.stringer.market-bridge.com/

Eric Parent

ungelesen,
26.06.2015, 13:56:1626.06.15
an montrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shiva,

A great place to look at are open-source projects. There are plenty of them. They usually provide with a wide spectrum of problems to be addressed, like documentation, bug fixes, etc.

I'd recommend that you start looking at GitHub and BitBucket for Python open-source projects if you don't already have one in mind.

If you have ideas of features that would be awesome to see implemented, you should refer to the development or contribution documentation of the project you're looking at to know how to proceed. Most of the time, it's a matter of forking the public repository and sending a merge request (or pull request).

Happy hacking !

Eric

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor