looking for pythonista with experience in machine learning / data science

vahan (aivo)

Apr 13, 2016, 6:41:10 PM4/13/16
to montrea...@googlegroups.com
Everything is flexible and negotiable ! :)

I'll provide more details soon, meanwhile please do contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers.
--
vahan

vahan (aivo)

Apr 14, 2016, 1:05:43 PM4/14/16
to montrea...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

First of, about the team and the company Im working for.

Head on to http://roivision.com to get a sense of the field we are in if you have time.
If you dont, here is a one-liner: We are in a business of providing leads about growing companies in areas and industries our customers interested in and they pay us for it. Its a B2B.

Until about a year ago all of that was done by humAns, and still is, but thats about to change with an introduction of a technology team into the company. The company decided to embrace technology beyond Microsoft Excel and Outlook and built in-house web services to get company related information, hunt for signals of growth on the webs and make a new product we call Gazelle (a term in finance world). We'v been doing ok so far with our small team of 3, building prototypes and proofs of concepts.

We are ready to take on more challenges now and this is where you come in as a:

Python developer with experience in the following areas in order of importance for the project:

python(duh), web development, RESTful APIs, mongodb, elasticsearch, pyramid, aws, nltk, scikit-learn, pandas, javascript, angular.js, react.js and anything else that might be related to this list.

We are a 3-person "distributed" team, even though we are all from Montreal. Some of us prefer to work in the office in downtown (Maisonneuve & Bleury), others prefer more solitude and freedom in working in jamies or underwear. We dont judge nor impose - whatever makes you write good code !

You can be the 4th (or 5th) member in helping us to tackle the following challenges:

1. Lots of messy data to make sense of coming from variety of sources, merge the data in a "meaningful" way, identify "important" parts, version them, build aggregations, etc: all the good stuff people face with messy data !
2. Develop ML algos to identify "imporant" signals, do clustering, entity extractions, regression algos.
3. Scraping.
3. Scale everything above to be able to crunch lots of data and fast.
4. Deal with AWS instances, scalability and HA issues.
5. Continues delivery and automation.
6. Microservice architecture.
7. Last but not least, dive into frontend code to help out our front end team (of one).

Salary up to 120k + the usual benefits of keeping your teeth strong and muscles relaxed !

What to expect during the interview:
Coffee or beer depending on the time of the day and outside temperature.
Would love to see your github account and/or any other web presence you might have that you think is going to contribute towards reaching closer the number above ! :)

Cheers,
Vahan