Python (and Shell) help

Igor Kozlov

May 3, 2016, 6:29:21 PM5/3/16
to Montréal-Python
Hi Pythonists,

we had an introductory tutorial on Python and Shell for McGill graduate students, who have limited experience in computer programming last weekend.
There was more interest than usual and we'll be repeating the event the coming weekend

May 7th and 8th, 10am - 2pm.

We have presenters, but it would be great, if professional programmers could be in the room to answer to possible questions. (If you'd like to give part of the tutorial - it could also be arranged.)
What we expect you to do is just to sit in the room with your laptop, drinking coffee with snacks and from time to time stretch your legs helping participants with following the tutorial.

No prior experience in teaching required.

Please let me know, if you are interested.

Thanks,
Igor

P.S.
The material of the tutorial is very basic:

P.P.S.
The language of the tutorial will be English. All McGill students try hard to learn French, pas il est plus difficile que Python :-)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso

May 4, 2016, 5:13:27 PM5/4/16
to montrea...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 2016-05-03 at 15:29 -0700, Igor Kozlov wrote:
> We have presenters, but it would be great, if professional
> programmers could be in the room to answer to possible questions.
> (If you'd like to give part of the tutorial - it could also be
> arranged.)

I think I'd like to do this again, but only if you think you need my
presence.

- Jordi G. H.

Igor Kozlov

May 5, 2016, 12:14:32 PM5/5/16
to Montréal-Python
Jordi, thank you very much for your reply.

Fortunately there is no necessity this time, but I really appreciate your readiness to help.

And, of course, I will be happy to see you and students will greatly benefit from your presence, if you decide to come!

Igor