MontageRequire Issue

Abdul Mohammed

Oct 14, 2014, 10:05:30 AM10/14/14
to mont...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,
                       Please I am new to MontageJS and I am trying to run the Hello MontageJS example. First of all it does not show the version number when I use minit to serve the project. Also at step 5, after I have created the component, added the html tags and the snippet within the script tags, saving the changes and refreshing does not produce any noticable difference. I still have a blank page. When I turn on the javascript console (using chrome to test), I get this stacktrace:

Error in http://localhost:8083/ui/version.reel/: ReferenceError: montageRequire is not defined
    at Version.exports.Version.Component.specialize.montageDescription.get [as montageDescription] (http://localhost:8083/ui/version.reel/version.js:20:20)
Uncaught ReferenceError: montageRequire is not defined localhost:8083/node_modules/montage/packages/mr/packages/q/q.js:132

My knowledge of javascript is criminally little so I really don't how to proceed. Any pointers that would lead to a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Benoit Marchant

Oct 16, 2014, 2:00:09 AM10/16/14
to Abdul Mohammed, mont...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for trying Montage and sorry to hear about that error you’re running into. In the project you created running minit, open the file ui/version.reel/version.js and replace the whole “montageDescription” method by:

    montageDescription: {
        get: function() {
            return ( typeof montageRequire !== "undefined" ? montageRequire : mr).packageDescription;
        }
    }

We made a change of symbol referencing Montage require and we forgot to update minit.

What you can also do is work with Montage in Montage Studio. Register here: http://montagestudio.com/reveal/ . You’ll receive an email with instructions. Montage Studio is and will stay free to use for open source projects. All you need is a Github account. It’s a new vision for web development, marrying the benefits of an open source, elegant, high quality framework like MontageJS with a dedicated visual authoring environment in the cloud.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions!

Thanks,

Benoit

Montage Studio
montagestudio.com