Book preview function - disable some parts of the book

Jatin Patel

Dec 16, 2014, 3:44:35 PM12/16/14
to monoc...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is a great library - kudos to you - awesome work!

I'm trying to implement a feature whereby a preview of the book is presented - let's say only first chapter is visible for a preview. I tried using reader.moveTo but this prompts a page number, which doesn't make sense especially when we have responsive layouts (mobile layouts, etc.). Is there another way to accomplish such a feature? So, essentially on-init/load, I only want users to view first chapter of the book including TOC.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
JP

Ori Idan

Dec 17, 2014, 12:36:47 AM12/17/14
to monocle-js
I think you should do this outside Monocole, We have implemented it in a Perl script that prepares the data structures to Monocole.

--
Ori Idan CEO Helicon Books