New Connection to Primary node of replicaset hangs

tanveer madan

Jul 17, 2017, 8:39:07 PM7/17/17
to mongodb-user
Hi,

I have a 3 node replica set.
When we are connecting to primary node the connection hangs indefinitely
But I am able to connect to the secondaries and also query them

Can you please help on how to proceed to resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Tanveer

Kevin Adistambha

Jul 25, 2017, 10:32:45 PM7/25/17
to mongodb-user

Hi Tanveer

Could you provide more details:

When we are connecting to primary node the connection hangs indefinitely

What connection string you tried, and do you see any error? Do you connect using a driver, or the mongo shell?

But I am able to connect to the secondaries and also query them

Please provide an example of a successful connection and query into the secondary.

Could you also post:

  • Your MongoDB version, and the content of any config files and command line parameter you use to start up mongod
  • Your replica set topology, i.e. the output of rs.status() and rs.config()
  • Any error you observe in the logs

Best regards,
Kevin