Building a data model in mongo

Shivam Panchal

Feb 14, 2018, 2:41:15 PM2/14/18
to mongodb-user

I am transferring my data from mysql to mongo, I have extracted to csv file. I want to build a data model for the data in mongo represented in JSON Schema and include details of data types and relationships.

How can I build a data model schema?

The datasets are associated in this manner.

Wan Bachtiar

Feb 26, 2018, 2:01:38 AM2/26/18
to mongodb-user

How can I build a data model schema?

Hi Shivam,

You need to figure out how the application is going to interact with the database. Data in MongoDB has a flexible schema. A great thing about this is that it allows you to focus on your application design and let the database design conform for the benefit of the application. Instead of designing your database schema first, you should figure out how the application will access the data.

You may find the following resources useful to get started:

Regards,
Wan.