More information on backups

dor...@eltoro.com

Jan 18, 2017, 7:15:30 PM1/18/17
to mongodb-user
Hi all --

I tried looking for this in the documentation but I couldn't find the exact answer I wanted. In the Cloud Manager, If I click on 'restore' on the backup page, do I get options or do I get actual database restore happening? Cause I just want to get some files not to restore the database.

Wan Bachtiar

Jan 26, 2017, 9:53:24 PM1/26/17
to mongodb-user

If I click on ‘restore’ on the backup page, do I get options or do I get actual database restore happening?

Hi,

After you have selected a restore file, if you use Cloud Manager automation, Cloud Manager can automatically restore the files for you. Otherwise, you manually restore the files by copying them yourself to the servers you choose. See Restore Overview for more information.

Note that MongoDB CloudManager managed back-up feature is part of the paid service. I would suggest to log into your CloudManager group and raise a private support ticket. If possible, attach a screenshot of the ‘restore button on back-up page’ you’re referring for clarity.

Regards,

Wan.