disable auth for one database

thirulo...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2015, 3:33:31 PM4/17/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hello

After enabling auth at server level, can we disable auth for one particular database ?

is there a way to override auth and enable anonymous read and write to only one db?

Thanks

Boris Samorodov

Apr 17, 2015, 5:26:06 PM4/17/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

17.04.2015 22:10, thirulo...@gmail.com пишет:
You may use one more instance of mongod using another dbpath and port:
---
% mongod --dbpath <another path> --port <another port>
---

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve

Stephen Steneker

Apr 18, 2015, 5:04:12 AM4/18/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, 18 April 2015 05:33:31 UTC+10, thirulo...@gmail.com wrote:
After enabling auth at server level, can we disable auth for one particular database ?

is there a way to override auth and enable anonymous read and write to only one db?

Hi,

As at MongoDB 3.0, if auth is enabled and you have created users then all connections to that mongod must be authenticated:
 http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/authentication/

Regards,
Stephen