Mongodb gui for wired tiger engine?

Sherry Ummen

Mar 3, 2015, 3:35:52 AM3/3/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

  Do we have a tool like robomongo or mongovue to look into the documents in case of storage engine as WiredTiger?

Thanks

Stephen Steneker

Mar 3, 2015, 5:02:23 AM3/3/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 19:35:52 UTC+11, Sherry Ummen wrote:
  Do we have a tool like robomongo or mongovue to look into the documents in case of storage engine as WiredTiger?

Hi Sherry,

Third party tools will need to be updated to support some new MongoDB 3.0 features such as SCRAM-SHA-1 authentication (new default authentication scheme) and the WiredTiger storage engine.

There are some vendors who have already updated with 3.0 support for the RCs and I'd expect that others will be working on doing so. In most cases this involves updating the underlying MongoDB driver to a 3.0-compatible version, but there are additional changes that might need to be reflected in an admin UI.

One cross-platform GUI that I'm aware of that already has MongoDB 3.0 support is MongoChef: http://3t.io/mongochef.

Regards,
Stephen

Sherry Ummen

Mar 3, 2015, 6:11:21 AM3/3/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hey Stepehen,

   If I am correct I think you are the person who is working on Robomongo also?

Hey but MongoChef works very well. Thank you for the tip.

-Sherry

André Pereira

Mar 17, 2015, 8:48:09 AM3/17/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
I tried MongoChef too, works very well, but how can I do a explain in mongochef?  if its possible?

Thanks in advance
.André

Tomasz Naumowicz

Mar 27, 2015, 12:46:10 PM3/27/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi André,

Yes, you can run explain with MongoChef. This feature was recently added, just make sure to update your MongoChef installation.

You can run explain by clicking the small arrow left of the Query Builder button and selecting "Run explain".

Cheers,
Tomasz Naumowicz