question about 2.13.X and 2.14.X Java driver

MarkCallaghan

Jul 19, 2016, 1:49:04 PM7/19/16
to mongodb-user
I have been using a benchmark client that uses the Java driver at version 2.13.1 and bulk inserts are much slower than desired. Output from db.currentOp() makes me wonder how much is really happening in bulk under the covers -- https://gist.github.com/mdcallag/074d770acd238f4e6640824b1ae36316

A stack trace from the client is:
https://gist.github.com/mdcallag/58558dda3664d538170e508734e5277b

Can I get better bulk inserts in a more recent 2.13 or 2.14 driver? I know it is better to migrate to 3.X but I am not sure yet whether that will take more time than I can spare this week.

Jeff Yemin

Jul 25, 2016, 6:16:23 PM7/25/16
to mongodb-user
Hi Mark,

The 2.13.3 release contains a fix for JAVA-1880, which may be relevant to your benchmark results.

Other than that I'm not aware of any substantial performance improvements in the driver itself for bulk insert.

Regards,
Jeff Yemin