MongoDB server with network dbpath

Goran Pavles

Nov 21, 2017, 12:53:44 AM11/21/17
to mongodb-user
Hey guys

When I create a MongoDB windows service with a dbpath on a local drive, everything is fine. But as soon as I try to point the dbpath to a mapped network drive, it just gives me a 1053 timeout error instantly. I tried with mapped drive paths as well as unc paths.

Any idea why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks

MongodB 3.4. on Windows 10

Goran

Rhys Campbell

Nov 21, 2017, 12:18:48 PM11/21/17
to mongodb-user
Hi Goran,

I don't think MongoDB would recommend UNC paths for dbpath on windows but have you checked the permissions? The MongoDB service will generally run under its own user. Perhaps it doesn't have access.

Rhys

Goran Pavles

Nov 21, 2017, 7:13:21 PM11/21/17
to mongodb-user
Do you mean it could be that the MongoDB-Service user has no access to the network drive?
I can't find anything in the manual about setting a user for the Service nor the standard name of the user that it uses, so I could allow access to it. Any idea where to find that info?

Thanks

Rhys Campbell

Nov 22, 2017, 11:45:26 AM11/22/17
to mongodb-user
Yes. The service probably creates it's own user on installation.

It's been a long time but probably services.msc. Should launch from a console or start > run services.msc