.NET Driver v2.5.0 released

Robert Stam

Dec 12, 2017, 4:48:02 PM12/12/17
to mongod...@googlegroups.com

.NET Driver Version 2.5.0 Release Notes

The main new feature of 2.5.0 is support for the new features of the 3.6 version of the server:

  • Sessions
  • Causal consistency
  • Retryable writes
  • Change streams via the collection Watch method to observe changes to a collection
  • Array filters for update operations
  • Translating DateTime expressions in LINQ to $dateFromParts and $dateFromString operators
  • The new "mongodb+srv://" connection string scheme
  • Improved support for reading and writing UUIDs in BsonBinary subtype 4 format

An online version of these release notes is available at:

https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-csharp-driver/blob/master/Release%20Notes/Release%20Notes%20v2.5.0.md

The JIRA tickets resolved in this release is available at:

https://jira.mongodb.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20CSHARP%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.5%20ORDER%20BY%20key%20ASC

Documentation on the .NET driver can be found at:

http://mongodb.github.io/mongo-csharp-driver/

Upgrading

We believe there are only minor breaking changes in classes that normally would not be directly used by applications.

As always, please let us know if you have any problems by opening an issue at:

https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/CSHARP

The .NET Driver Team

ixo...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2017, 5:45:01 PM12/14/17
to mongodb-user
currently, documentation provided only for 2.4.4, when we can expect the new one for 2.5?

Robert Stam

Dec 16, 2017, 9:01:37 AM12/16/17
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
We will be making incremental updates to the documentation pages starting early next week.