mongos will not start - "Error parsing INI config file: unknown option nojournal"

Douglas Garstang

May 19, 2014, 1:58:18 PM5/19/14
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
All,

Sorry if this post comes up twice. It wasn't showing up.

I am trying to deploy mongo 2.6.1. I'm having a problem starting mongos.

My /etc/configdb.conf file looks like this:

bind_ip = 0.0.0.0
configdb = cfg01.prod.foobar.com:27017,cfg02.prod.foobar.com:27017,cfg03.prod.foobar.com:27017
fork = true
logappend = true
logpath = /var/log/mongodb/mongodb.log
nojournal = false
port = 27017
rest = false
smallfiles = false

I understand that in mongo 2.6, the config file format was moved to YAML. However, the docs at http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/configuration-options/ say that the format is backwards compatible.

"Changed in version 2.6: MongoDB introduces a YAML-based configuration file format. The 2.4 configuration file format remains for backward compatibility."

However, when I start mongos, I see this:

[root@router01 init.d]# service mongos start
Starting mongos: Error parsing INI config file: unknown option nojournal

So, I replaced the config file at /etc/mongodb.conf with the example at one at http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/reference/configuration-options/, ie:

systemLog:
  destination: file
  path: "/var/log/mongodb/mongodb.log"
  quiet: true
  logAppend: true
storage:
  journal:
    enabled: true
processManagement:
  fork: true
net:
  bindIp: 127.0.0.1
  port: 27017

However, now, when I start mongos, I get this:

[root@router01 init.d]# mongos -f /etc/mongodb.conf
Unrecognized option: storage.journal.enabled

Needless to say I'm a little confused. Mongo version is:

root@router01 init.d]# rpm -qa | grep mongo
mongodb-org-tools-2.6.1-2.x86_64
mongodb-org-server-2.6.1-2.x86_64
mongodb-org-mongos-2.6.1-2.x86_64
mongodb-org-shell-2.6.1-2.x86_64
mongodb-org-2.6.1-2.x86_64

What am I doing wrong? Why won't mongos take any of the config options in /etc/mongodb.conf?
The mongod process starts fine.

Doug.

Abhi

May 20, 2014, 2:18:10 AM5/20/14