14.04 and E: Package 'mongodb-org' has no installation candidate

1 581 просмотр

Tampa312

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2016 г., 06:17:3025.10.2016
– mongodb-user

Hi,

I am rather stunned by the mongo documentation for 14.04:

  sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv 0C49F3730359A14518585931BC711F9BA15703C6
  echo "deb http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu trusty/mongodb-org/3.3 multiverse" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mongodb-org-3.4.list
  sudo apt-get update

  apt-get install mongodb-org

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

Package mongodb-org is not available, but is referred to by another package.

is only available from another source

E: Package 'mongodb-org' has no installation candidate

What did I do wrong or is the mongo db wrong?

Thanks

Tampa312

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2016 г., 08:27:0625.10.2016
– mongodb-user
ps with a apt-cache search I get the below

mongodb-org-unstable - MongoDB open source document-oriented database system (metapackage)

mongodb-org-unstable-mongos - MongoDB sharded cluster query router

mongodb-org-unstable-server - MongoDB database server

mongodb-org-unstable-shell - MongoDB shell client

mongodb-org-unstable-tools - MongoDB tools

Mongo - if you are listing have your technical writes fix or this that create your packages update.  You have an unstable version as what

Stephen Steneker

не прочитано,
25 окт. 2016 г., 08:45:0225.10.2016
– mongodb-user
On Tuesday, 25 October 2016 21:17:30 UTC+11, Tampa312 wrote:
I am rather stunned by the mongo documentation for 14.04:

  sudo apt-key adv --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv 0C49F3730359A14518585931BC711F9BA15703C6
  echo "deb http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu trusty/mongodb-org/3.3 multiverse" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mongodb-org-3.4.list
  sudo apt-get update

Hi,

Can you confirm which version of MongoDB you are trying to install and the url of the documentation you are following?

The current production version is MongoDB 3.2 and it looks like you've found instructions to install the MongoDB 3.4 release candidate (which is why all the packages listed in your apt-cache search are "unstable" versions).

If you want to install the production version of MongoDB on Ubuntu, the correct instructions to follow are:
 https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/tutorial/install-mongodb-on-ubuntu/

Regards,
Stephen

Ответить всем