Mongodb 3.40 on Windows Server 2012

Krzysztof

Dec 6, 2016, 8:27:18 AM12/6/16
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
Hi Guys,

Has anybody try install Mongodb in version 3.40 on Windows Server 2012 ?
Because we have problem and is not possible run as a service, it looks that something is missing in the file cfg (we use cfg from 3.20) ?
Are there any additional requirements in version 3.40?

Regards
Krzysztof

Carlos F. Enguix

Dec 6, 2016, 10:43:24 AM12/6/16
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
Hi Krzysztof:

I solved the problem to have two services running different MongoDB versions. Both of them used different cfg files adapted to each version (i.e. each had a different storage and sysLog specs.)

I had to dump the data from version 3.2 and restore it for version 3.4. Now I have two different MongoDB services, one running at 27017 and the other at 27018.
Also from experience you should configure the services to start delayed so the service will always start.

I hope this solves your problem.

Krzysztof

Dec 6, 2016, 12:37:05 PM12/6/16
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
Hi,
I found the problem, when I try run mongodb.exe I get message:
Program can't start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing.

Regards
Krzysztof

Dileep Kumar Kottakota

Dec 29, 2016, 8:48:37 AM12/29/16
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
Hi Krzysztof,
I am getting same problem. Please let me know how did you skipped from this from this problem. "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing."

Uriel Fernando Sandoval Pérez

Jan 4, 2017, 5:42:06 PM1/4/17
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
I have the same problem!! Did you solve it?

Krzysztof

Jan 5, 2017, 2:28:50 AM1/5/17
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
Yes, please install all updates for Windows :)

Regards
Krzysztof Pajak

Umesh Pratap Singh

Jan 5, 2017, 3:21:24 PM1/5/17
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
Hi,

I am also facing the same issue.... If you found solution please share.

Regards,
Umesh

Carlos F. Enguix

Jan 5, 2017, 4:11:23 PM1/5/17
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl
My apologies but I am not using Windows Server 2012 but instead Windows 10 and did not have a problem as I said I setup two cfg files specific to each MongoDB versions and run mongod instances setting up the respective services.

Durgesh Vadher

Jul 17, 2017, 6:25:09 PM7/17/17
to mongodb-user, krzyszt...@epoczta.pl

Download the Visual C++ Redistributable:

Download it and your problem will be solved.
thank you

Hitesh Sahu

Sep 14, 2017, 8:59:39 PM9/14/17
to mongodb-user
Download Visual C++ Redistributable from

After installation, try to rerun mongo.exe.