Problem installing Mongo as a service in windows vista

mcoolin

Apr 24, 2011, 1:08:55 AM4/24/11
to mongodb-user
Hi All,

The command line I created for mongo works and I can do a great number
of things.
e.g. "E:\mongodb-win32-i386-1.8.1\bin\mongod.exe" --bind_ip 127.0.0.1
--logpath e:\mongodb\logs --logappend --dbpath e:\mongodb\data --
directoryperdb

But when I try to install mongo as a service I get an error.
"E:\mongodb-win32-i386-1.8.1\bin\mongod.exe" --bind_ip 127.0.0.1 --
logpath e:\mongodb\logs --logappend --dbpath e:\mongodb\data --
directoryperdb --install

Error connecting to the Service Control Manager: Access is denied. (5)

Being new to mongo I searched the forums and found nothing :(

Probably something simple.

Thanks

PS. My 2 cents on mongo, Love it. It needs more samples. Still can't
figure out how to select the fourth value of a Timestamp in a given
collection eg {'ts.i':4}.
Error messages need improvement. Load - needs to report problems more
clearly (it may be there just have not found it.

Still looking for a means to embed mongo into my app on dual servers
using Oracle. It solves some our issues so nicely.

sridhar

Apr 24, 2011, 1:35:25 AM4/24/11
to mongodb-user
have you tried running from a command prompt as an adminitrator. I get
access denied when running from a normal command prompt on Windows 2k8
R2 but installs fine when running from a command as an administrator.
What version of Windows are you running on?

sridhar

Apr 24, 2011, 2:09:42 AM4/24/11
to mongodb-user
Sorry missed the title. Are you running vista 64 bit or 32 bit. Are
you still seeing the error if you run as administrator?

mcoolin

Apr 24, 2011, 9:32:36 AM4/24/11
to mongodb-user
32 bit, version.