"Support for BI and Visualization Tools" (SQL interface) in r3.2

67 vues

Jonathan Mathews

non lue,
25 nov. 2015, 15:29:1425/11/2015
à mongodb-user
I've been trying to preview this feature (noted in this article from June here) but not sure if it is included in the current 3.2 development release. I can't see anything about it in the release notes here. Could anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Stephen Steneker

non lue,
26 nov. 2015, 21:58:3126/11/2015
à mongodb-user

On Thursday, 26 November 2015 07:29:14 UTC+11, Jonathan Mathews wrote:

I’ve been trying to preview this feature (noted in this article from June here) but not sure if it is included in the current 3.2 development release. I can’t see anything about it in the release notes here. Could anybody point me in the right direction?

Hi Jonathan,

The MongoDB BI Connector is a separately installable package for Enterprise customers. The MongoDB 3.2 development release notes only cover the core server and tools.

The BI Connector is not generally available yet, but I expect more information will be available soon.

If you are already an Enterprise customer, you should contact your account rep for more information about beta/preview programs.

Regards,
Stephen

John De Goes

non lue,
27 nov. 2015, 18:59:4527/11/2015
à mongodb-user

If you're looking for a 100% open source, SQL-on-MongoDB option, you have two choices:
  1. Quasar. Quasar lets you run SQL² queries on MongoDB. SQL² is strictly more expressive than SQL and lets you access and manipulate nested, heterogeneous data, but is most likely not compatible with your BI tool unless your data is totally flat and uniform (unless you use a "NoSQL BI" tool like SlamData). Quasar executes all queries 100% in-database, with zero external dependencies, zero ETL, and zero configuration.
  2. Quasar BI Connector. The Quasar BI connector lets you connect any BI tool to MongoDB. The connection is "live" and does not require any ETL, although you can use SQL² expressions to define the view so it's very powerful. It pushes down as much computation as possible into MongoDB (given the approach).
Both work for MongoDB 2.6, 3.0, and 3.2, and are licensed under Apache 2, the most commercial-friendly open source license.

If you subscribe to Enterprise, then you can probably get preview access to MongoDB's proprietary BI connector through your rep.

Regards,

John
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur