Proper value for ShardingTaskExecutorPoolMaxConnecting to avoid network errors

Darshan Shah

Jan 29, 2018, 10:58:45 AM1/29/18
to mongodb-user
Hi,

The parameter ShardingTaskExecutorPoolMaxConnecting was instroduced in 3.2.15 to help avoid network errors in mongos.
Can someone from the MongoDB team please explain on how to figure out a good value for this parameter so that we can reduce the ASIO / NETWORK errors in mongos logs.

FYI - I am running a 30 shard cluster with each cluster being a 3 member replicaset running MongoDb 3.2.18.
There are 31 mongos running to serve the application.

Thanks.

Darshan Shah

Feb 14, 2018, 9:34:09 AM2/14/18
to mongodb-user
Bump - just in case this question got buried under other questions - please provide any links / documents that can help.

Thanks!

Wan Bachtiar

Apr 17, 2018, 3:13:46 AM4/17/18
to mongodb-user

Can someone from the MongoDB team please explain on how to figure out a good value for this parameter so that we can reduce the ASIO / NETWORK errors in mongos logs.

Hi Darshan,

It’s been a while since you posted this question, have you found a solution yet ?

Could you elaborate what kind of ASIO/NETWORK errors you’re seeing in the mongos logs ?
What led you to believe this has something to do with the connection pool ?

ShardingTaskExecutorPoolMaxConnecting is the maximum number of simultaneous initiating connections (including pending connections in setup/refresh state) each TaskExecutor connection pool can have to a mongod instance. You can set this parameter to control the rate at which mongos adds connections to a mongod instance.

The default value is 2, and I’m not sure what do you mean by proper value.

Regards,
Wan.