sudden / "Random" Mongo db errors when reading from azure cloud

Boas Enkler

May 1, 2016, 9:26:24 AM5/1/16
to mongodb-user
I've a mongo database hosted on one of our server. now we have one service in the cloud.

From time to time i get exceptions indicating that a documetn is corrupted.

but at the same time i can access it with the exact same code and same documents same database when i run it  from a server that aren in the cloud

thats why I think it may be related to bad connectivity.

Is this possible?

Exceptions were (they changed often when i read the collection)

System.FormatException: An error occurred while deserializing the CountryNames property of class SR.BusPortal.DomainModel.Management.Read.ReadStation: Unable to translate bytes [F5] at index 0 from specified code page to Unicode. ---> System.Text.DecoderFallbackException: Unable to translate bytes [F5] at index 0 from specified code page to Unicode.

and

ModelVertexCityCreator failed: System.FormatException: An error occurred while deserializing the FormattedNames property of class SR.BusPortal.DomainModel.Management.Read.ReadCity: ReadString can only be called when CurrentBsonType is String, not when CurrentBsonType is Int64. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: ReadString can only be called when CurrentBsonType is String, not when CurrentBsonType is Int64. at MongoDB.Bson.IO.BsonReader.VerifyBsonType(String methodName, BsonType requiredBsonType)

After some time it worked again .Without chagned anything

The whole time no data were chane in the database, so i can't figure out how the data could be courrupted and then self fixed again ?

I also posted here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36957131/occassional-mongodb-erros-when-accessing-from-cloud

many thanks in advance

Boas Enkler

May 3, 2016, 8:55:04 AM5/3/16
to mongodb-user
Any hint wether this could be related to some kind of connectivity issues??