OperationFailue "collection dropped between getMore calls"

Stav Yagev

Jan 18, 2017, 9:58:19 PM1/18/17
to mongodb-user
Running a simple find on a large collection (250K items) in pymongo and iterating over the cursor. The cursor iteration fails, every time in a different place. All the documentation on the web on this issue talk about timeouts being the issue. However, for me this issue persists even though I've disabled the timeout, and am using a modest batch_size of 5.

I don't think this is pymongo issue since this happens when using other drivers and clients as well.

This is the pymongo code:
cursor = intensities_collection.find({},{'location.coordinates': 1, 'intensity': 1},                                       no_cursor_timeout=True).max_time_ms(99999999).limit(50000).batch_size(5)

What could be the issue?

Kevin Adistambha

Jan 19, 2017, 10:33:55 PM1/19/17
to mongodb-user

Hi Stav

I believe your question was already answered in the related StackOverflow post: http://stackoverflow.com/a/41732378/5619724. To recap, there seems to be another process that drops the collection, leading to the collection dropped between getMore calls message you observed.

Best regards,
Kevin