Compass Queries

Carlos F. Enguix

Nov 27, 2016, 6:36:24 AM11/27/16
to mongodb-user
Hi There:

I am just trying MongoDB Compass for the first time.

Does MongoDB Compass supports projection of fields, text search and so on to verify covered queries, text search in the visual explain plan?.

I tried to define my queries in JSON strict mode as said on the Web documentation but nothing seems to work.

Cheers.

Carlos

Aly Cabral

Dec 6, 2016, 5:42:37 PM12/6/16
to mongodb-user

Hi there,

Projections are on the MongoDB Compass roadmap and should be released very soon!

When you say text search do you mean $regex or $text? Right now, there is support for $regex in Compass 1.5 and you will be able to verify covered quieries using the explain plan. An example of a regex in MongoDB Compass is:

{"details.system":{$regex:"abc"}}

If you mean $text, we haven’t heard that come up much and would love to learn about your use case so we can take note.

Compass is released every 6-10 weeks, so I would check back periodically for further functionality. In the application itself, you can opt in for automatic updates so you have the full functionality the moment it’s ready.

Aly

Liz Hall

Apr 21, 2017, 4:39:57 PM4/21/17
to mongodb-user
Aly,

You mention opting in for automatic updates within Compass.  I've looked around and cannot find where to do that. Please guide me.

Liz

Akshat

May 3, 2017, 4:02:05 PM5/3/17
to mongodb-user
Hi Liz,

You mention opting in for automatic updates within Compass.  I've looked around and cannot find where to do that. Please guide me.

You can enable the automatic update of Compass in below fashion:

Compass --> Help --> Privacy Settings --> Enable Automatic Update

This will enable Compass in your computer to fetch the latest release of Compass from MongoDB server if any new release is available.

Thanks,

Akshat

Liz Hall

May 3, 2017, 5:23:08 PM5/3/17
to mongodb-user
Download beta 1.7  sort, projection, limit and skip are present

Liz Hall

May 3, 2017, 5:28:58 PM5/3/17
to mongodb-user
Thanks!