How to do membership authentication in a MongoDB Replica Set using x509

Vinicius Deschamps

Mar 12, 2017, 4:15:21 AM3/12/17
to mongodb-user
Hi,

I've a MongoDB Replica Set with 3 members and SSL enabled, and as part of the hardening process I was looking to get x509 membership authentication as well.

MongoDB are installed in Windows 2012 R2, running as a service using mongod.cfg file.

How should I proceed in order to deploy it? Do I need a certificate that contain the three members in the Common Name / SAN?

Thanks,

Vinicius

Weishan Ang

Mar 14, 2017, 11:56:36 AM3/14/17
to mongodb-user

Wan Bachtiar

Mar 16, 2017, 9:40:37 PM3/16/17
to mongodb-user

Hi Vinicius,

In addition to the blog post that Weishan has pointed out, you may also find the following resources useful:

Best regards,

Wan.