Mongodb 2.4->3 upgrade (mongos)

Sosh

Jul 30, 2015, 7:04:40 AM7/30/15
to mongodb-user
Hi,

I've read trhough the upgrade docs, and I think I understand the proceesure, but wanted to ask a couple of questions regarding mongos..

Setup:  Sharded cluster, mongos running on the client servers (not on the replica set members).

Qestions :

 - I'd first like to upgrade mongos on the client (non-db) servers.  Can I upgrade mongos on these servers to v3, while leaving the servers (temporarily) at 2.4?
 - Is is ok to upgrade mongos from v2.4 to v3? or is the 2.6 step neccessary with mongos?
 - I notice that the apt sources list has changed from 10gen.list to mongodb-org-3.0.list - does this have implications?

Thank you!

Moshe Shperling

Jul 30, 2015, 11:37:22 AM7/30/15
to mongodb-user, bgs...@gmail.com

- Is is ok to upgrade mongos from v2.4 to v3? or is the 2.6 step neccessary with mongos?

Upgrade Requirements

To upgrade an existing MongoDB deployment to 3.0, you must be running 2.6. If you’re running a version of MongoDB before 2.6, you must upgrade to 2.6 before upgrading to 3.0. See Upgrade MongoDB to 2.6 for the procedure to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6. Once upgraded to MongoDB 2.6, you cannot downgrade to any version earlier than MongoDB 2.4.

http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/release-notes/3.0-upgrade/#upgrade-requirements

Sosh

Jul 30, 2015, 11:40:53 AM7/30/15
to mongodb-user, mshper...@gmail.com
Yes, I'm aware that mongod requires the 2.4->2.6->3 route, but I'm specifically asking about mongos.

Another way to put it is: can mongos v3 connect to mongod 2.4 without problems?