Unable to authenticate using sasl protocol mechanism SCRAM-SHA-1

Wim Kuijpers

Oct 15, 2017, 1:01:01 AM10/15/17
to mongodb-user
I use the C# driver to connect to Atlas but I get this message: Unable to authenticate using sasl protocol mechanism SCRAM-SHA-1
How do I change the authentication settings?

Wan Bachtiar

Oct 19, 2017, 11:59:36 PM10/19/17
to mongodb-user

How do I change the authentication settings?

Hi Wim,

MongoDB Atlas clusters would have SCRAM-SHA-1 authentication mechanism by default.
Please make sure you’re using a compatible version MongoDB C# driver. please see C#/.Net Driver Compatibility chart for more information.

You could also check whether the application IP address is on your MongoDB Atlas cluster whitelist. See also Connect to Your Cluster
I would suggest to try connecting via mongo shell first from your application server to make sure you have access/connection. For connecting with MongoDB C# driver to MongoDB Atlas please see C#/.Net Driver Example.

Regards,
Wan.