How to Shutdown Mongodb Cleanly

Ishavpreet Singh

Aug 26, 2016, 6:06:06 PM8/26/16
to mongodb-user
Hi,
I am a baby in MongoDB World and have just started learning and experimenting it. I am facing problem every time I shutdown my mongodb server using db.shutdownServer() function. Whenever I do this all the document/collection that I create get lost. Please guide on how to end MongoDB session cleanly without loosing data.

Thanks,
Ishav

Lukas Lehner

Aug 27, 2016, 4:03:18 AM8/27/16
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi

db.shutdownServer() is a clean shutdown.
Please describe in more detail how all documents/collections get lost. Please post you config and settings.

Lukas