Schema View not in Compass Version 1.11.1

Mike Hickey

Dec 22, 2017, 4:45:45 PM12/22/17
to mongodb-user
Hi All,
I am new to Mongo and am taking the MongoDB basics class.  I have down loaded and installed Compass Version 1.11.1.
I can follow the on-line class for the most part, but for what ever reason, my downloaded version does not include the
schema view which would be helpful with the Geospatial parts of the course.
Is there a different version of Compass I need?  Where do I get it?  It seems there are only three versions available for
Windows on the download site.  I have a MAC I can use as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Mike Canniff

Jan 14, 2018, 12:09:24 AM1/14/18
to mongodb-user
Mike - Did you ever get this figured out? I teach a class on MongoDB and several of my students have run into this as well. But some students do get the schema view (and I have it working as well). I'm wondering if there is a step to take to generate the schema for each DB. But I have not been able to find this.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Gaurav Gupta

Jan 16, 2018, 11:11:35 PM1/16/18
to mongodb-user

Hi Mike,

While the version of Compass that you have is the current stable version, it seems that you're using the community edition of MongoDB Compass which doesn't include the Schema Analysis feature.

Please note that there are two editions of MongoDB Compass v1.11.1, MongoDB Compass and MongoDB Compass Community. Both editions can be downloaded from MongoDB Download Center.

MongoDB Compass Community is a free tool for developing with MongoDB and includes a subset of the features of Compass.

MongoDB Compass is available as part of the MongoDB Professional, Enterprise Advanced and Atlas Professional subscriptions (or evaluation period). If your company/organisation already has a commercial subscription and you have further questions about the MongoDB Compass usage, you should open a case in MongoDB Commercial Support Portal.

The Schema Analysis feature is not available in the MongoDB Compass Community edition. For more information on features comparison between the two editions see MongoDB Compass and Compass Community Editions.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav

Mandar Tamhankar

May 8, 2018, 7:01:08 AM5/8/18