on SUSE 11 SP1 mongodb 3.x mongod error "mongod: symbol lookup error: mongod: undefined symbol: FIPS_mode_set"

leo ma

Aug 15, 2016, 10:55:52 AM8/15/16
to mongodb-user
openssl  version:

openssl-0.9.8h-30.27.11
libopenssl0_9_8-0.9.8h-30.27.11
libopenssl0_9_8-32bit-0.9.8h-30.27.11
openssl-certs-0.9.8h-27.1.30

I download the binary version from mongodb.com and I also try install mongodb through zypper install  but
both of them start failed and the same error I search the internet although some people face my same question  but can't be solved

so  any guy knows who solve this problem but recompiling

John Murphy

Aug 26, 2016, 9:36:42 AM8/26/16
to mongodb-user
Hi Leo,

Could you please confirm the version and edition of MongoDB that you are using?

Note that if compiling from source is not feasible and you do not need SSL support you can use the Linux 64-bit Legacy version, which is not compiled with SSL support.

Regards,
John Murphy

brian.m...@10gen.com

Aug 26, 2016, 12:08:25 PM8/26/16
to mongodb-user
Hi Leo,

Our minimum requirement for mongodb 3.x on Suse 11 is SP4.  Can you upgrade your system to that service pack level ?

Regards,
Brian