Installation problem on windows 7

Kazi Mohammad Mokarem

May 27, 2018, 8:34:22 AM5/27/18
to mongodb-user
Hi

In windows 7, 64 bit, I tried to install mongoDB 3.6.5, both enterprise and community version.

After progressing approximately 80%, installation does not progress further. I wait about 3/4 hours, but installation does not finish, even no error. What could be the reason?

Please help!

Regards
Mokarem

Wan Bachtiar

May 28, 2018, 10:27:23 PM5/28/18
to mongodb-user

I wait about 3/4 hours, but installation does not finish, even no error. What could be the reason?

Hi Kazi,

If you have the selection ticked to Install MongoDB Compass (default), please check the following:

  • Connection to the internet is working. Also, check any antivirus/proxy that may have blocked MongoDB Compass download.
  • PowerShell script execution is enabled. See Microsoft: Set-Execution Policy for more information.

Alternatively, you could un-ticked MongoDB Compass installation, and download MongoDB Compass separately from Download Centre: Compass

See also Install MongoDB Community Edition on Windows.

Regards,
Wan.