Check MMAPv1 engine ? How can I ?

erasmo marciano

Feb 26, 2015, 6:45:41 AM2/26/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have to do this check

3.0 mongod is running with the default MMAPv1 engine.

How I can do this check?

Stephen Steneker

Feb 26, 2015, 7:55:59 AM2/26/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erasmo,

If you're running a MongoDB 3.0 RC and haven't added the --storageEngine parameter to select wiredTiger, your mongod will be using MMAPv1 (the default storage engine, as you noted).

You could check this from a mongo 3.0 shell using:

  db.serverCmdLineOpts().parsed.storage.engine

The return value should either be empty (default storage engine, so mmapv1) or an explicit "mmapv1" (generally not necessary to set since this is the default, but still valid)

Regards,
Stephen

erasmo marciano

Feb 26, 2015, 9:21:44 AM2/26/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com

It works

db.serverCmdLineOpts().parsed.storage.engine
wiredTiger

But in previous version there is not define engine

> db.serverCmdLineOpts().parsed.storage.engine
2015-02-26T15:13:09.040+0100 E QUERY    TypeError: Cannot read property 'engine' of undefined
    at (shell):1:38

Thank you for reply :)

http://www.deinformatica.it/
Fai ripartire il tuo sito web.

Stephen Steneker

Feb 26, 2015, 9:38:14 AM2/26/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, 27 February 2015 01:21:44 UTC+11, erasmo marciano wrote:
It works

db.serverCmdLineOpts().parsed.storage.engine
wiredTiger

But in previous version there is not define engine

Hi Erasmo,

If the db.version() is <= 2.7.0 then the only available storage engine is mmap :).

Is there more context for the check you are trying to do?

Regards,
Stephen

erasmo marciano

Feb 26, 2015, 9:44:24 AM2/26/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
I tried with success to do an update from 2.6 to 3.0.

In the guide I read this:

3.0 mongod is running with the default MMAPv1 engine.

I want to know as I can check that my engine was MMAPv1.

tnks

guido hornig

Feb 26, 2015, 10:06:37 AM2/26/15
to mongod...@googlegroups.com