MongoDB - Connection to GUI fails after upgrading from free to M10?

jannik...@t-online.de

Apr 22, 2018, 8:31:51 AM4/22/18
to mongodb-user

I have a serious problem when I want to connect to my mongoDB database (MongoAtlas). I have used Studio3T, but now I am not able to connect to my db anymore. When I insert the Connection URI to 3T, I get the following response:

Connection failed.

SERVER [xxx.mongodb.net:27017] (Type: UNKNOWN)
|_/ Mongo Server error (MongoCommandException): Command failed with error 8000: 'could not find config for xxx.mongodb.net' on server xxx.mongodb.net:27017.
|_...
|_... The full response is:
|_... {

|_...     "ok" : NumberInt(0),

|_...     "errmsg" : "could not find config for xxx.mongodb.net",

|_...     "code" : NumberInt(8000),

|_...     "codeName" : "AtlasError"

|_... }

I have also tried to connect via MongoCompass in case I copied a false URI, because it it detects the string from my clipboard. From Compass I get the following error:

Server at xxx.mongodb.net:27017 reports wire version 0,
but this version of Node.js Driver requires at least 2 (MongoDB2.6).

All of this happened after I have upgraded my cluster to M10.

I would appreciate any help, I need to solve this as soon as possible, please! Many thanks.

Wan Bachtiar

May 23, 2018, 1:22:20 AM5/23/18
to mongodb-user

I would appreciate any help

Hi Jannik,

If you have just upgraded from Free Tier to M10, please check whether:

  • The connection string is still valid to use to connect to your cluster
  • The M10 cluster has been provisioned and ready for connection.

If you are still having trouble with connecting to MongoDB Atlas, please raise an issue in MongoDB Atlas Support page; While logged in Atlas cluster page, follow the ‘Support’ link on the bottom left hand corner.

Regards,
Wan.