What could be a reason of massive cache flush?

Павел Суслов

Jul 30, 2015, 7:13:58 PM7/30/15
to mongodb-user
Hi!
I have a cluster with 4 shards. Hardware is identical on each shards. Cluster has intensive inserts permanently (approx. 1-2K/sec). And a lot of queries (up to 6K/sec).
Sometimes almost all data in cache flushes. At this moment I see significant IO performance impact because of reading from HDD. Every day I create new database/collection for new data. Every collection is about 70G. It can be used simultaneously up to 7 collections (for queries). For inserts only 2 collections can be used. All queries uses indexes. More than a half of such queries has no results (checks for duplicate values etc). Sharding key of each collection is a string, containing hash (md5).
What could be a reason of cache flushing. And how can I improve the performance? Solving the problem of cache flushing would be a good point.

Thanks in advance
memory-day-4.png
memory-day-3.png
memory-day-2.png