Mongodump not dumping

John Berosh

Apr 22, 2018, 6:25:17 PM4/22/18
to mongodb-user
I am connected to my cloud instance via the shell. Check.

I open a new terminal in Ubuntu 16.04 and run the mongodump sequence with authentication. Check.

Within a short time the cursor is blinking on a new line without error reported. Check.

The dump folder, however, is empty.  What just happened? The MongoDB manual is of no help in this case.

On-line search for solution has failed at all turns.

Code run in new terminal:

mongodump --host <host> --ssl --username user --password pass --authenticationDatabase admin --db dbname

within working directory is the dump folder

Can anyone help with this one? I'm stumped.