Secondaries failed to sync with primary

Simratpal singh

Mar 11, 2018, 9:19:30 PM3/11/18
to mongodb-user

Hello all, we are having a replication issue on our MongoDB. We have 1 primary with two secondaries. We recently upgraded from 3.2.8 to 3.6.1. As it was a major hop, we intermittently upgraded from 3.2.8 to 3.4.11 and then 3.6.1. Since then almost every 6-7 days the replication to secondaries stops. What is worth a note here is that

1. Mongo process is active

2. We are unable to authenticate on secondaries.

3. Logs doesn't have any errors, just the we can see that replication doesn’t happen after some time.

We are at Linux 2.6.32-696.16.1.el6.x86_64 x86_64. And as mentioned above MongoDB version is 3.6.1

Kevin Adistambha

Mar 19, 2018, 12:15:52 AM3/19/18
to mongodb-user

Hi

Could you provide more details:

Mongo process is active

We are unable to authenticate on secondaries.

I assume you meant that you can’t login to both secondaries using the mongo shell. Could you post the output of the error message you’re getting?

Logs doesn’t have any errors, just the we can see that replication doesn’t happen after some time.

How did you find out that the replication process stops?

In addition, could you post:

  • The output of rs.status() and rs.conf()
  • Are all nodes of the replica set currently running the same version (i.e. 3.6.1)?
  • Are all nodes running on the same machine or on different machines
  • Did you follow the upgrade procedures outlined in Upgrade to the latest version of MongoDB?

Best regards
Kevin