[mongodb-user] illegalstateexception in 1.4 java driver

scott

May 6, 2010, 1:50:54 PM5/6/10
to mongodb-user
This doesnt happen often, but when it does, there are multiple all at
the same time:

java.lang.IllegalStateException
at com.mongodb.DBMessage.prepare(DBMessage.java:85)
at com.mongodb.DBPort.go(DBPort.java:73)
at com.mongodb.DBPort.call(DBPort.java:58)
at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.call(DBTCPConnector.java:158)
at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.call(DBTCPConnector.java:180)
at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$MyCollection.find(DBApiLayer.java:297)
at com.mongodb.DBCollection.findOne(DBCollection.java:330)
at com.mongodb.DBCollection.findOne(DBCollection.java:319)

It looks like the message is still in state.BUILDING

i dont see any errors in the database, so what could cause a message
to have something like this happen?

Eliot Horowitz

May 6, 2010, 1:52:09 PM5/6/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Its related to a memory leak I believe.
Actually currently re-working most of that code - hopefuly will have a
test build out today that should be much better for lots of reasons.

scott

May 6, 2010, 2:00:20 PM5/6/10
to mongodb-user
great!

not sure if this helps, but it looks like this error pops up in the db
at roughly the same time. may or may not be related

MessagingPort recv() errno:104 Connection reset by peer X.X.X.X:59524

i xxed out the ip address myself =)
Scott

On May 6, 10:52 am, Eliot Horowitz <eliothorow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its related to a memory leak I believe.
> Actually currently re-working most of that code - hopefuly will have a
> test build out today that should be much better for lots of reasons.
>

> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM, scott <scott.dec...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This doesnt happen often, but when it does, there are multiple all at
> > the same time:
>
> > java.lang.IllegalStateException
> >        at com.mongodb.DBMessage.prepare(DBMessage.java:85)
> >        at com.mongodb.DBPort.go(DBPort.java:73)
> >        at com.mongodb.DBPort.call(DBPort.java:58)
> >        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.call(DBTCPConnector.java:158)
> >        at com.mongodb.DBTCPConnector.call(DBTCPConnector.java:180)
> >        at com.mongodb.DBApiLayer$MyCollection.find(DBApiLayer.java:297)
> >        at com.mongodb.DBCollection.findOne(DBCollection.java:330)
> >        at com.mongodb.DBCollection.findOne(DBCollection.java:319)
>
> > It looks like the message is still in state.BUILDING
>
> > i dont see any errors in the database, so what could cause a message
> > to have something like this happen?

Eliot Horowitz

May 7, 2010, 3:35:39 PM5/7/10
to mongod...@googlegroups.com
Could you give 2.0-rc0 a try?

scott

May 7, 2010, 4:13:50 PM5/7/10
to mongodb-user
will give it a shot sometime next week. in the meantime, I am
reverting to 1.3, since it doesnt seem to have those .BUILDING items
in it.
It is happening too often right now in our prod setup.