mongotop - Error : "BSONObj size... is invalid"

Sosh

Jul 30, 2015, 9:19:19 AM7/30/15
to mongodb-user
Hi,

I'm unable to run mongotop on any of our mongodb servers.  I get the error Error :

"BSONObj size: 30376378 (0xBA81CF01) is invalid. Size must be between 0 and 16793600(16MB)"

Anyone have any idea why it's not working?

Thanks.

Ankit Kakkar

Aug 11, 2015, 1:31:25 AM8/11/15
to mongodb-user
Hi Sosh,

I can recollect your upgrade plan from one of your earlier posts on Aug 3 where you enquired about change of package names between 2.4 and 2.6. Which version of 2.6 did you upgrade to? It seems that you have run into this issue: https://jira.mongodb.org/browse/SERVER-14123.

Apparently, Mongotop is bringing statistics that are beyond 16MB in size and that is why you are seeing this behaviour. The fix is included in the 2.6.4 production release. I recommend you upgrade to the latest production release for your major version of MongoDB (currently 2.6.10 for the 2.6.x release series).

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
ankit

Sosh

Aug 11, 2015, 10:17:07 AM8/11/15
to mongodb-user
Hi Ankit,

This was happening before the 2.6 upgrade.  It went away on it's own though, so I've no idea what caused it (it resolved itself even before the upgrade).

Regards